Help On Contributing New Wiki Page
Explains steps for creating, maintaining, and sharing a wiki page.
Goals of Wiki Content
To be owned by an individual who is responsible for making sure the page is up-to-date and relevant. To own a page, just make sure that its path is underneath your HOMEPAGE.
To be findable by the appropriate audience(s) without having to resort to a Search.
To be modifiable so that it can "live", "evolve", "transfer to another owner", or "die" as necessary to best reflect its useful purpose.
- Determine page location
- Pick a location underneath your HOMEPAGE (you will then own it)
- Don't worry that it may need to live (or be owned) by somebody else in the future
- Organize your pages to fit your own work processes and habits
- Create the page
- Manually using the browser
- Categorize the page
Make it easy for others to find without resorting to Search
MoinMoin categories are similar to Tags
- Determine one or more appropriate categories.
- Choose from existing categories
- Or create your own
- Append category name to your page
- Type the category name at the bottom of the page
= My Page Title = All my content here. . . . ---- . CategoryFoobar
- Make sure that it is not already there which may be the case if you copied or created the page from a template.
You can use more than one category
- Make a unique and permanent link for the page
Maybe you want to publish the link in a blog or other system?
- Decide upon a unique name (for a new page)
- Plan on this name being relevant for a long time
- Try to make the name self explanatory
Create new page underneath Permalinks with the following contents: