Reinstalling WebWorks Rasterizer
To convert graphics in your project, you will need to have the WebWorks Rasterizer installed. In some cases, the Rasterizer should be installed automatically upon installation of WebWorks ePublisher. Check your Printers folder to see if there is one installed on your computer. If not, you will need to manually install one. There may also be cases where you have an older Rasterizer printer installed or the one on your computer is not working correctly. For these cases, simply re-install the WebWorks Rasterizer, following the instructions below.
1) Delete all of the Rasterizer printers that you have (if you have any).
2) Make sure that you have the Adobe Postscript PrinterDriver on your system. If not, please do the following:
a) Download and install the Adobe Postscript PrinterDriver to allow for manual installation of the WebWorks Rasterizer printer. You can obtain Adobe Postscript PrinterDriver free of charge directly from Adobe's website:
b) Run the installer, when prompted for a Printer Model, choose the browse... button and navigate to the following directory:
C:\Program files\webworks\ePublisher Pro\Rasterizer
or wherever you installed ePublisher.
Note: In the 'Browse for Printer' window, the name may actually be WebWorks Rasterizer. However, if you navigate to the same location using Windows Explorer, the filename will be webworks.ppd.
Then, select the WebWorks Rasterizer printer, from the list, and continue completing the AdobePS setup wizard. The printer should be 'Not Shared'. Select 'no' when asked about printing a test page or configuring the printer.
Updated instructions for Vista
(Submitted by Tanya Veverka)
I eventually found this solution:
1. Right-click on the winsteng file and choose Properties.
2. Select the Compatibility tab.
3. Select the "Run this program in compatibility mode" check box and choose "Windows XP Service Pack 2" from the drop-down list.
4. Close Properties.