Adapter failures in 2007
This article is an extension of the following: http://webworks.com/Technical_Assistance/Tech_Notes/Common/EX_ePub9_Common_Word_Errors.shtml specifically referring to the first step regarding macros and template add-ins. The procedure is a little bit different for the 2007 version of Microsoft Word.
- Go to the more commands option.
- You will have the "Customize" option highlighted
- On the dropdown that says "Popular commands", select Developer tab
- Highlight "Visual Basic", click the Add button
- Click ok
- click Alt + f11 or the small VB icon to bring up the editor
Go to Tools > References.
There should be a list of Available References starting with the references that are checked. If you see a reference that is checked and says “Missing” in front of it, uncheck this reference and then save and close Word."