Using DITA-OT 1.4
ePublisher 9.3 is shipped with DITA-OT 1.2.2.
Complete support for all features of DITA-OT 1.4 is not included in this article.
Master Project Setup
As with any ePublisher modification, start with a working Master Project.
- Install the new "dita-ot" in the project "Helpers" folder.
- Create an Adapter override to enable DITA-OT 1.4 operation.
- Inside the "Formats" folder of the project directory, create the following hierarchy:
<project directory> Adapters xml scripts dita xsl
- NOTE: This hierarchy matches the hierarchy found in the ePublisher 9.3 application installation directory.
Download batch-files.zip to the "xsl" directory.
Extract batch-files.zip to get "batch-files.xsl".
Test Master Project
At this point, you should be able to add DITA content to your project and it will be processed with DITA-OT 1.4 instead of the default DITA-OT 1.2.2.
To distribute your changes for use by Express and AutoMap users, perform the following actions:
- Update ePublisher Stationery normally.
In your Master Project, select File --> Save as Stationery.
- Specify a location and name for your new stationery.
- Insert your "Adapters" and "Helpers" overrides manually.
- Locate and open your newly created Stationery.
- Open the "Formats" folder.
- Copy your "Adapters" and "Helpers" folders from your Master Project into your Stationery's "Formats" folder. NOTE: This step must be performed manually as we do not wish to include all possible helper programs.
All Express and AutoMap projects tied to this new version of the Stationery will be processed with DITA-OT 1.4 following project synchronization.
Following the instructions above, it is also possible to override DITA-OT versions on a target by target basis. Simply replace reference to the "Formats" folder in the above instructions with a specific target folder name, such as "Targets\DITA-OT_1.4".
Such a configuration would allow a single project to generate the same source content using different versions of the DITA-OT.